updateControlGrid

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:37 PM
Is it possible to define a column as a DataGridViewComboBoxColumn? I have not been able to find any way to do that.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2015 at 2:49 AM
I'm afraid I never got combo boxes working inside of the Windows Forms DataGrid.
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Actually I think I found a way. In the form designer with the UpdateGrid object selected - choose "edit columns" - "Add Column" - "Unbound Column" name the column and choose type DataGridViewComboBoxColumn - then in the properties of the column set the "DataPropertyName" to exactly match the name of the column that you use in the updateGrid GetColumns function. Then when updatecontrols binds to the grid object, the bind reuses the existing comboBoxColumn rather than creating a new column. Seems to be working at the moment, but I will post again if I run into any problems with that.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:59 PM
I'd be interested to see if you get correct property change behavior from the column. And I'm assuming that you have a static set of values in the combo box to select from.

Let me know how it works.
Sep 5, 2015 at 6:01 AM
Yes, I am just using static list of values in the combo boxes. As far as the property change behavior, it all seems to work perfectly keeping my views in sync.